Terms & Conditions
DAVENTRY ROAD RUNNERS 10K ROAD RACE TERMS & CONDITIONS 2019
1. By signing up to take part in this event you agree to abide by the Terms & Conditions of entry and any race instructions given by the organizers and officials of the - Daventry Road Runners 10K Race. The Daventry Road Runners 10K Race is delivered in accordance with UKA Rules and Regulations.
2. Anyone who will be aged 16 or older on or before the event date may apply for entry to the 10K Road Race.
3. Applications will be accepted up to entry limit 500 in the order of date received during online or on the day registrations.
4. Entries cannot be transferred to another runner.
5. Refunds and deferrals: No refund or deferrals can be given if the race is cancelled or postponed due to circumstances outside of our control. Your entry fee is invested in the staging of the race and main costs to contractors, suppliers, administration etc. are already committed well before race days.
6. Only one application per person will be accepted; any fees processed due to individuals submitting duplicate entries are non-refundable.
7. We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to refuse to allow you to participate in the event at the start or to continue participation at any point along the route of the event, should you be deemed to behave inappropriately or give cause for concern that your continued
participation may cause offence or injury to yourself, any spectator or other competitors. This includes the wearing of any clothing or visual
message that may cause offence. Failure to comply with an instruction from race officials will result in ejection from the race and potential reporting to the police.
8. Your race pack, including your race number, chip timing device and full information can be collected from the registration area on the day of the race from 8:00 am.
9. The chip timing mechanism must be looped around in the laces of the left or right running shoe. Your race number must be clearly visible
on the front of your running vest / t-shirt. Your race number must not be altered in any way or covered by clothing or tri belt. Please also
ensure when crossing the finish line that nothing interferes with the view of your race number. Anyone not displaying an official race number will be removed from the race. Please ensure you write your personal details, any medical conditions and emergency contact no on the reverse side of your Race No.
10. Entry fees: £14 for members of UKA affiliated athletic clubs; £16 for unaffiliated entrants. On the day Entries regardless of affiliation will be £20.
11. Closing date for all online entries is 15th September at 22:00hrs, or when the race limit has been reached, whichever comes first.
12. Prizes are awarded on gun times. With the gun time, the clock starts to tick the moment the starter's horn is sounded. UK Athletics road races are competitive races - rather than time trials - therefore competition results, prizes and course records are awarded according to gun time. The chip time is the time a runner takes to run the actual race distance from the moment of crossing the start line to the moment of crossing the finish line. Runners usually think of this as their personal running time and this is the result most people quote when asked for personal best times.
13. For reasons of safety no entries are permissible from people on roller skates, bicycles, in wheelbarrows, or carrying objects for charity etc.
14. Headphones are a contentious issue for some people, the UKA Rules and Regulations have recently been altered to allow the use of bone conducting headphones, all other types of headphones other than medically prescribed headphones or similar devices, are not permitted. We ask you to consider that headphones prevent you from hearing what is going on around you and you may miss emergency instructions and warnings from other runners. For these safety reasons we would prefer you not to wear headphones.
15. No pets or other animals are permitted in the race. If any partially sighted athlete needs a guide to help them round the half marathon
course there will be no entry fee for the guide, although obviously they would not be participating in the race in their own right.
16. By entering the event you give permission to allow race photographs to be taken and uploaded to our website where no charge will be required for downloading.
17. The course is not suitable for self-propelled wheelchairs. Hand cycles are not permitted.
18. By entering the event you will be part of the Northampton Road Running League and give permission for sharing your results with the NRRL as part of the aggregation of results and standings.
19. In the event of cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances we will endeavour to stage the run at a later date if possible. In such an
eventuality all participants will be notified by email or post. Our entire liability in respect of all costs and expenses you may incur as a result
of such cancellation or delay will be the entry price you have paid to take part in the event.
20. Bags and personal belongings left at the bag drop area will be at the runner’s risk and are not the responsibility of Daventry Road Runners.